Our client is an outsourced converged communication, IT and cloud provider, and are currently owned through private equity company Horizon Capital.
Following the original acquisition, desires to improve sales and EBITDA growth led the senior executive team to embark upon a customer satisfaction programme. Deep Insight, together with UK partners Customer Attuned, were engaged to carry out a Customer Relationship Quality assessment programme, to fully understand their performance based upon customer feedback and acting upon insights generated through the CRQTM methodology.
Our client operate within the highly challenging world of outsourcing, especially within the particular segments of converged communications, IT, and cloud providers. They have also grown rapidly through acquisition, adding additional products and services to a growing portfolio. Their customer base is both broad and diverse, ranging in size of contract through to type of business.
Internal measures of satisfaction would indicate a healthy relationship with customers, and it is essential that the traditional metrics of customer churn, sales growth, EBITDA outcomes were aligned. The board required a succinct, measurable response to customer satisfaction, in order that suitable actions could be taken to improve the sales and EBITDA performance.
What did we deliver?
- We delivered a CRQTM Deep Dive 750 – accessing up to 750 contact points across 300+ customers, segmented between key and major accounts.
- We accessed relationships defined across decision makers and implementers to ensure a balanced view of all stakeholders.
- We gained relationship measurements for CRQTM and a Net Promoter Score.
- We measured, through segmentation, the balance of customers’ engagement with our client ranging from Ambassadors (good) to Opponents (not so good).
- More importantly, we accessed insights through direct, attributable feedback that would help with our overall evaluation of the quality of the relationship, the causes and, of course, potential, valuable remedial actions.
And the outcomes…
- This then provided the foundations for a growth programme.
- We provided complete clarity on the quality of the relationships that our client had with their customers.
- We provided Key Account Reports to use in direct communication with their strategic customers.
- We provided key insights into the cause and effect of both positive and negative relationships.
- We provided early warning mechanisms for those customers with potential dissatisfaction with contract renewals due within 12 months.
- We provided the foundations of a comprehensive transformation programme to address both issues and opportunities.
- We provided the foundations of a communication programme to fully engage with the targeted customers.
- And finally, we provided a customer satisfaction metric that can be aligned to EBITDA through the KPIs of:
- Sales Revenue
- Customer Churn
- Portfolio Sales
CRQTM is now embedded as a formal customer satisfaction measure that can be tracked over time and reconciled with EBITDA improvement – a valuable performance KPI.