The challenge that we all face is achieving growth – of revenues, margins, profit, and market share.
Achieving this through managing large customers or a portfolio of customers can be challenging at the best of times; what makes it more difficult is managing them in many different ways and with a variety of business tools and people capabilities. This makes it difficult for the individual key account manager, the line manager and the organisation to align itself with what the customer and the organisation are trying to achieve.
Overview of the Programme
The KAM Boot Camp is designed to tailor best practice customer management to your organisation and embed it as the basics for the way in which you will manage your customers.
It has been designed by subject matter experts who have significant commercial expertise gained across a wide variety of industry sectors, ensuring your organisation is in a much better shape than your competitors and ready to take advantage of significant growth opportunities.
This programme is specifically designed for Key Account Managers responsible for major customers or a portfolio of key customers, and cross functional KAM teams where a number of individuals work together to manage significant customers.
How the Key Account Management Boot Camp will help your organisation
We have designed the boot camp to define and activate best practice, but we also make sure we tailor it to your organisation, your industry sector, and the context in which you operate.
The boot camp has four distinct sections:
- Getting under the skin of KAM best practice
- Segment your customers; identify growth potential and allocate resources more effectively
- Approach all customers in a consistent and efficient way
- Plan effectively for each and every customer without overkill
- Develop the capabilities of the customer management resources
- Create compelling arguments to support category and customer plans
- How your buyers are trained to plan and behave with you
- How do buyers prioritise their suppliers?
- What levels of authority do they have in practice?
- What formal training will they have undertaken?
- How do they flex or change their behaviours to influence their suppliers?
- Key Account Management Competencies in practice
- What are KAM competencies, and how are they applied in the real world?
- Which KAM competencies are the most important?
- How do you use them in practice to activate a successful customer plan?
- Activating successful Key Account Management Plans
- What is a best practice KAM Plan?
- What is the best way for your organisation to activate a KAM Plan?
- Which case studies can we review that will give us confidence to apply our new skills and tools?
The Key Account Management Boot Camp will make a significant difference to your organisation’s customer management capabilities.
It will get everyone on the same page – delivering KAM Plans in a common and consistent way.
Your team will get underneath the skin of KAM best practice, know how KAM plans really work, and how to be effective with them.
You will understand why and how buyers behave in the way that they do, so that you respond to them more effectively.
Your team will apply practical skills to influence the outcomes of every KAM Plan that you out in place.
And finally, your team will be confident, having worked through relevant case studies, in the knowledge that they really can make a difference.
About Customer Attuned
We are a team of customer management experts with long-standing experience and thought leadership in customer-driven change within the B2B sector.
We help our clients build better customer and intermediary relationships based on trust and working together for mutual commercial benefit.
This is what we stand for and run our business by.
Meet our Subject Matter Experts
Gary is a director of Customer Attuned, with considerable sales and business development experience gained in FMCG (Diageo, Unilever, Reckitts, GSK, Cadbury) and Healthcare (AAH Pharmaceuticals, The Celesio Group).
Gary has successfully managed key account management teams across multiple sales channels, nationally and internationally.
Gary’s consulting and commercial coaching experience is across multiple industry sectors. He has designed and delivered KAM projects across a wide variety of industry sectors.
Steve is a current member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and has had extensive experience of many types of procurement routes and supply chain initiatives over the past 25 years. Steve understands how buyers work.
Steve has extensive experience of procurement and supply chain initiatives across a variety of sectors including infrastructure (road, rail, and air), construction, facilities management, engineering, and Government based projects incorporating various forms of contract.
CHOOSE A SERVICE
Our Services help you maximise value, optimise satisfaction and minimise account attrition: