The purpose of this course…
This ‘Inside the Mind of the Buyer’ workshop is unique to Transform Business and Training. It is delivered by an ex Tesco Commercial Director, with over twenty years’ experience in the Grocery Trade and an ex-P&G FMCG specialist. It offers your company the latest Trade thinking and insights into the way in which Buyers think, act and behave. We also highlight their pressure points as well as strategies to overcome the ‘Tricks of the Trade’ that they sometimes use to win the negotiation. This course is essential for anyone who has direct or indirect contact with the Retail Trade and who would like to step change their performance with Buyers.
By implementing the strategies, tips and techniques that we share with you during this workshop, you could positively impact your company’s bottom line through more effective negotiation. A number of FMCG companies have directly attributed huge savings in their annual Trade negotiations to the upskilling they received from our programme. Also, your confidence levels – and those of your team – will increase and you will begin to look forward to those Buyer meetings!
You will learn how to:
- Get inside the mind of the Buyer so you can sell more effectively to them
- Understand the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that Buyers are measured on so you can discuss areas of interest with them
- Prepare more effectively for Buyer meetings so you are not lost for words in front of the Buyer or worse agree to something at huge cost to your company because you were under pressure
- Set objectives for your meetings via the O.D.E. method which will clarify for you in advance of your meeting what your ‘walk away’ point is
- Develop strategies to successfully deal with the 9 different Buyer Styles
- Effectively handle objections from Buyers on the spot
- Identify tactics that Buyers use to try to win the negotiation
- Avoid ‘howlers’ that suppliers use that cause the Buyer to get angry and frustrated
Finally, your confidence levels will increase significantly as a result of implementing some or all of the above.
Who this course is for:
Typically attendees include National Account Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales Directors, Marketing Directors and Managing Directors.
CHOOSE A SERVICE
Our Services help you maximise value, optimise satisfaction and minimise account attrition: