The business capability builder blueprint
The Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder has quickly established itself as the leading customer management (CM) capability assessment that is 100% focused on B2B businesses.
Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder helps you pinpoint the business capabilities that unlock the opportunities for value growth; either internally through increased efficiency and / or effectiveness or through selling more or selling better. The tough economic climate of recent years has convinced many business leaders of the vital importance of good customer management, compelling companies to become more responsive to changing markets, channels, media and client needs.
Yet the move to commoditisation in B2B is so strong that some companies have put customer-centricity into the ‘too difficult’ box.
Customer Attuned’s innovative and practical capability assessment helps unlock that ‘too difficult’ box, and enables you to focus on customer-centred and sustained success to deliver equitable shareholder value.
Fundamentals of attunement
We passionately believe there are three vital underpinning drivers of success in B2B that must be valued, protected, managed and invested in for competitive advantage:
- Trust – never undermine your trustworthiness in business
- Interdependence – build mutual dependence/rectify dependency imbalance
- Work together for mutual commercial benefit – ensuring the relationship works commercially over time for all parties involved
What is the Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder?
Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder is a B2B customer management capability assessment that’s based on a model that represents a virtuous circle of knowledge-through-strategy/planning-through-implementation & performance tracking, working on three levels:
- Operating in and developing your market
- Managing account relationships
- Organising resources and operations
The assessment achieves results by:
- Scoring and benchmarking your customer knowledge management, strategy, planning, implementation and results against best practice
- Pinpointing gaps-to-benchmark and identifying underlying issues
- Providing practical recommendations to enable both quick and long-term improvements
Data analysis from the Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder provides your leadership team with a structure to make key decisions about the projected benefits of service improvement, including solid evidence of starting points, leadership consensus on future directions and benefits.
- It provides you with a business capabilities blueprint and prioritised road map to unlock sales improvement within 90 days and beyond.
- An ROI of between 7:1 and 15:1
- The recommendations are aligned to the strategic direction through the ‘golden threads’ undertaken at the start of the process ensuring the board and stakeholders are part of the process from the ‘get go’.
What do you get? Key Outputs
Every Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder output is based on a high quality & detailed reporting format, the output of which will be unique to the organisation undertaking the journey.
The report compares you with several benchmarks of good, average and ‘broken’ practice as illustrated.
The example shows the highest, B2B average and lowest scores at the Market, Customer & Organisational level, plus for a few of the industry sectors in the benchmark database.
It is fascinating to see how different sectors are overall more oriented towards the market (technology), customers (manufacturing) or organisationally (Pharma & FS).
This is of course a small taste of the wealth of benchmark information available and reported on at sectional and sub-sectional level.
Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder recommendations are prioritised in accordance with the Recommendation Tuner, and scheduled into a route map of Quick Wins, Big Prizes and Strategic Initiatives to enable you to reach your objectives rapidly and effectively.
Three Levels of Depth
There are three depths of granularity into which the assessment can delve:
- The Full Assessment covers 325 best practices of B2B Customer Management capability
- The “Tune-up” version achieves this at the level of 168 key practices
- The “Explorer” is ideal for short, sharp capability assessments of business units, departments, smaller organisations or pilots – where fewer granularities are required
How long does it take?
The initial capability review can be achieved within six weeks, enabling your senior management team to focus on achievable goals.
Subsequently, the programme is tailored to each client’s ambition and requirements.
Evidence from multinationals using this methodology indicates that it is possible to start the route mapped journey within three months of instigating the process.
CHOOSE A SERVICE
Our Services help you maximise value, optimise satisfaction and minimise account attrition:
Buying or investing is easy when you can see the tangible assets, but how do you measure sales and marketing effectiveness.
Customer Attuned Business Capability Builder
Pinpoint your business capabilities that unlock the opportunities for value growth.
Start your CRM Project with the strategy not the technology.
Build a hard-nosed business case for customer strategy-driven investments.
Improve static or unprofitable relationships into ones that engender growth and profit.
Define what customer profitability means and develop analysis and modelling tools to enable customer profitability.
Unfilter poor specifications, unclear requirements, bad data, or poor stakeholder engagement and avoid expensive mistakes.
This tool focuses on three core areas of distributor management, selecting the right partner, managing the right partner, developing or transitioning a partner.
Maximise value, optimise customer loyalty, minimise customer loss and develop your sales resources.
Independent quantified assessment of functionality gaps exist and what damage they are causing to your business.
Good Customer information is the life blood of all organisations and critical to competitive advantage – apply the RAFT technique to analyse cost benefits and fit-for-purpose.
New European data protection regulations (GDPR) take effect in 2018. Whilst compelling most data driven organisations to tighten up their processes and activities, used correctly, they also provide new opportunities for businesses.